Thursday, September 18, 2008

GO DBACKS/GO ST. JOES

I will try this again.... I wrote so much, but who knows where it went, it obviously didn't post.... Anyway, we went to the Diamondbacks game last night. From what I understand, The Diamondbacks partner with St. Joes, and last night the 18 lung transplant reciepients were guests in two skyboxes. We had a catered meal, and a lot of fun. Members of the transplant team were there also. It was so nice to see the Dr's, surgeons, and all of the nurses, and everyone involved, in a setting other than the hospital or the Dr.'s office. I am also going to try to upload a few pictures. Monica will admit that she is n0t much of a picture taker, but you will get the idea of how nice our evening went. For those of you who have known me for a long time, you will understand the pictures with the numbers. (our suite was #7, and our parking spot was 4101) We left at the begining of the 8th inning, since I had to be at clinics and rehab today. Both went well. I have to close tonight by saying that everyone there last night is a miracle, and Monica and I are honored to know you all. Isn't is funny how total strangers from different walks of life are now bound together by this amazing gift of life?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Lucky 7 Suite thats just spooky... You need to send some of your miracleness the D-backs way!

GO D-BACKS!

char said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Good for you guys!! Keep up the good work Marty!!! OH, did you see my buddy?