Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Almost One Year

Well, on July 26, 2009 it will be my one year anniversary with my new lungs. It is a time of celebration and thankfulness for my family and me. So much has happened this past year. We have met many good people either in person or through the internet(because of their medical situations and/or transplants) It is also a time of reflection for me, sometimes just thinking about the process of getting my lungs, someone having to die, and their family to experience such a loss is overwhelming. They made a very unselfish decision. I do not go a day without thinking about them and praying for them. I guess it is not uncommon for people who have received an organ transplant to go through a period of feeling guilty; guilty that they are alive because someone died. It is something that I think about often. The guilt is not quite as strong as I began to realize that the person who died, made the selfless decision to be an organ doner because they wanted to give someone else a second chance at living. Thank you! Another thing that Monica and I have been thinking about is that Jonathan (his parents too) are moving to Kentucky on July 16th. It will be very hard to not have him around us, but we both understand their reasons. I guess we will just have to take extra long weekends and fly into Knoxville Tn. every so often to see them (Him) :) Thank you Jesus for my life and for another chance at it.

1 comment:

egt said...

We're looking forward to those trips!! Thank you for your patience and understanding...I know it's difficult, and it's a decision we didn't take or make lightly...it's hard emotionally for us too, and we will miss you guys very much.