Friday, September 12, 2008

FIRST DATE

Well, Monica and I went out to eat at a "sit down, get served" restaurant tonight. It is the first time since the transplant that we have gone out in public to eat. I felt pretty "normal" without the wheelchair and the oxygen tanks. Yes, I said tanks, because before the transplant, just to go out, I needed so much supplemental oxygen, that I needed to take two tanks of oxygen. I was able to sit in a booth, something I haven't been able to do for almost two years. It just felt so good. I forgot to mention before that The Arizona Diamondbacks partner with St. Joesephs hospital, and the 18 people who have had lung transplants at St. Joes, are invited to the Diamondback game on Wed. Sept 17th. I guess we will even get to sit in a skybox! Not much of a baseball fan, but it will be fun. Monica and I are looking forward to the evening. This picture was taken when I was in the hospital in May of 2007. This was part of my occupational therapy. It is probably the last time I will ever make and decorate a cake!

3 comments:

char said...

Looks good Marty, maybe you'll be the 'COOK' now:) Tell OMAR hello for me Wed. night!!

char said...

Better yet, give him a hug and tell him I miss him:)

Susan said...

Who paid the check for dinner? I bet that waitress GREAT tip!