Friday, September 5, 2008

SIX WEEKS POST TRANSPLANT 9/5/08

I am new to this blogging thing, so bear with me as I learn. I just thought it would be nice to update people in a more up to date method other than my rotary phone. Well, it has been six weeks since my transplant and my recovery is going very well. I have had some small procedures done as an out patient, but no admissions to the hospital. I started pulmonary rehab last week, and even though I am out of shape, I am looking forward to getting into shape. I am not able to drive yet, but am very fortunate that my wife can take time off from work to take me to the clinics and to rehab (which is usually 2-3 times per week). The transplant center at The Heart and Lung Institute at St. Joseph's is very wonderful at working around my wife's work schedule with my appointments. If I can figure out how to add photos, I have one of my surgical area that just amazes me. Well, More later. Thank you everyone for your prayers, words of encouragement. They have all meant so much to me.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You forgot to add "The Snowman" to favorite movies.....looking good though!

Susan said...

What no beatles stuff? Keep on keeping on.....

Steve said...

Marty/Monica,
Nancy and I have known the both of you for such a short time, but we find it's amazing how what is a very serious medical situation can bring strangers together for life. We don't know exactly where this new life will take us, but it certainly has given us a new outlook on what is important in life. Having gone through the stages of recovery as you are, I can tell you that it only gets better. Keep up what you are doing. Monica, God bless you for being there as a caregiver. Your love and support only supplements greatly what our wonderful transplant team, and support crew have done. Love, Steve & Nancy